[Table of Contents]
WN Documentation Search Results -- Matches
You may select a new search term and repeat your search:
Here are the matching lines in their respective document sections.
Select one of the highlighted words in the matching lines below to jump
to that point in the document.
- Title: An Overview of the WN server
- All of the searching methods listed above except the index searches are
- Title: Security on the WN Server
- GET method. Under this method all arguments are put in
- The second method is for HTML
- forms using the POST method. In this case everything posted
- WN offers two methods of limiting access to your hierarchy or
- protect extremely sensitive information. The first of these methods is
- The other method of limiting access is by password with the
- POST method is not accepted (an error is returned for a
- Title: Setting Up Searches on the WN Server
- GET method to return the search term with
- On the other hand, all of the searching methods listed above are built
- <form action="search=mode" method="GET">
- Title: Parsed Text and Server Side Includes on the WN server
- Another method of using conditional text is with a normal WN
- Title: Filters on the WN server
- PUT or POST method with a filtered file, the
- depending on the method used to submit the data.
- Title: Users' Hierarchies and Personal Home Pages on the WN server
- used. There are three more or less mutually exclusive methods in
- third method can be used on systems which support multiple IP interfaces
- A second method of establishing an alternate data hierarchy does not use
- the password file but a table supplied by the maintainer. This method is
- difference with this method is that the
- This method of changing hierarchies uses the
- in precisely the same way that the password file method does. In other
- When you use the table lookup method to retarget data root directories of
- Title: Multi-homed or Virtual Servers on the WN server
- Note: To use this method make sure the "
- This method has the disadvantage of using somewhat more resources than
- the alternate method (described below) because at least one instance of
- memory. On the other hand with this method it is possible to specify a
- different log file for each host, while the method below uses only one
- The second method to implement a multi-homed server involves only a
- name to which the request was sent. To use this method you need to edit
- Title: Clickable Images and Imagemap files on the WN Server
- imagemap use, illustrating all the methods is included with the
- All other lines must start with one of the imagemap "method" keywords:
- description of each type of method line.
- method replaces the
- referenced is the one associated with the point in a "point method" line
- If no other method has returned a URL then the returned URL will be to
- Note: Allowing multiple points on a single point method line is
- method line which begins with a '/' is assumed to be on the
- Title: Using CGI Programs on the WN Server
- supports a variety of methods of searching your data including by title,
- Title: Configuration File for the WN Package
- * methods of allowing alternate data hierarchies. This is the way
- Title: Command Line Options for the WN Server
- PUT, MOVE and DELETE methods on the server.
- for the HTTP methods PUT, MOVE and DELTE.
- Title: Index File Directives for the WN Server
- -- Specify authorization module for PUT, MOVE and DELETE methods.
- MOVE, and DELETE methods of HTTP,
- a module to handle the PUT, MOVE and DELETE methods.
- to handle the HTTP methods PUT, MOVE and
- accessed with the GET method. This might be used
- method. If the item referenced is an ordinary file this
- method. If the item referenced is a CGI
- method an error will be returned. This directive may useful for files
- accessed with the PUT method. It must be handled by
- Title: Parsed Document Syntax for the WN Server
- second) case. For an alternate method of doing this see the "
- second case). For an alternate method of doing this see the "
- the "method" (GET or POST) followed by the
- Title: CGI and other Environment Variables for the WN Server
- "PUT", depending on the method of the client request.
- method. This file is removed after the CGI program terminates. A
- the client via the PUT method. This file is removed
- Title: Changelog for WN
- Disabled TRACE method by default for security. It can be enabled
- "Attributes=post" directive now allows POST method, but does not
- prevent use of GET method. To do that you must also use
- PUT, DELETE, and MOVE methods ( in the puth/ directory).
- in response to certain errors with the HEAD method.
- method only if Attributes=post was set. This prevented
- Added support for the HTTP/1.1 OPTIONS method.
- Added support for TRACE method and Connection: close for HTTP/1.1
- Fixed bug in wn/image.c which caused the "point" method to sometimes
- Fixed bug that caused tmp files from POST method sometimes not to
- Fixed bug exercised when Netscape uses If-Modified-Since with POST method.
WN version 2.5.0
Copyright © 1998-2005 John Franks
licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
Last modified: Sat June 18 2005
[Table of Contents]